Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seattle Ghost Marathon 2009

First attempt for double marathon is half way through.

Thanks to the odd ferry timing, I had to arrive at Seward Park 1 hr and 50 min prior to the start time but didn't want to take opportunity for early start because of chilly temperature and wind.

There were many usual suspects at the start line and I ran across many familiar faces on double out-and-back course along Lake Washington Blvd and Seward Park loop, which was used to be the original Seattle Marathon course. Weather was good since we didn't get any rain drop, but wind was the only minor factor for the race.

I didn't want to push myself too hard because I had one more full marathon tomorrow. The support was great. Volunteers in aid stations were very helpful and efficient. Finish line hotdog and chili were definitely a great way to wrap up a race. Hats off to RD Scott Krell and his crew.

My finish time was 3 hours and 47 minutes with 1:48 - 1:59 split. It's not a PR race but I am happy with this time. Some soars on the left side again but no blisters today. I am looking forward to Seattle Marathon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment