Saturday, November 13, 2010

First Call 50K

First Call 50K - Veteran's Day Edition - is one of the nicest free races around Seattle area. It starts at Bothell Landing Park and repeats 6.55 mi out-and-back laps.

After making my first DFL with 50K PW finish last weekend, recovering some confidence was the main goal of this race.

I started with an easy pace in the beginning and slowly raised the pace. Seeing lots of familiar faces really made me feel comfortable. I happened to run at 8:45/mi pace for a while and thought I could keep it up for the the rest of the run.

The first turnaround point was at 6.55mi but I missed the white flour marking on the paved trail while my mind's floating somewhere in the universe. Luckily enough there was Matt Hagen not too far behind who gave me a howler and saved my day. I really have to learn how to stay on course even in the easiest out-and-back course that I have run two times before. The rest of the run went very well with a lot of cheering and smiles to oncoming runners.

Entering finish line at Bothell Landing Park in Bothell, WA 

First 13.1 mi lap time was 1:56, second 13.1 mi was 1:56, and the last 4.8 mi short out-and-back was 0:43. So I ran the entire 50K very consistently. 4:35 finish time is new PR for 50K. I also got 2nd place overall. Finish line spread was awesome again.

No comments:

Post a Comment